stl file

3261.10 In reply to 3261.8 
The other thing to remember with them is they charge by "Volume of material used to print it", not size of bounding box. So if you make a simple sphere, it can cost alot more than if you boolean out the middle of the sphere and make it hollow. With the bounding box size, the only limit becomes what material you can print. At it's (the lamps) default 42 cm tall, their only machine and material is the stainless steel option at 1300+ dollars. To get the white stuff it has to be within a certain dimension (listed on their page). If you shrink your model down to be able to accept the white material, the price would go from 1300 to about 100. The transparent would be about 250-300. The price of the materials that reflect these numbers is $10 stainless steel, 1.50 white and 2.77 for the transparent.

Not very feasable for the lamp object though, But, if you wanted the transparent lamp shade, you could try and "Hollow out" the walls of the solid, then re-upload it in the dimensions allowed for that material and see how much the price drops. The hollow may make a nice effect if you can get the price to be around 50-75 bucks or so.

As for the unit conversion not working, I did have it set to scale on unit change also. But it sounds like Michael has found somethoing else going on there. It worked for me, but I was only using a P4 to do the file.

Anyway, Good luck.