Selection indicator

3254.8 In reply to 3254.7 
Hi Danny, I've thought a bit about the background underneath the eye like you show in the second example there. But it seems like it may be too subtle.

I kind of like the round dot to the right idea, that has a more distinctive look to it. Particularly if no selection would mean no dot showing at all.

Probably putting in a slightly darker mid dividing line for the mixed state would help to make the mixed state and full selected state even a bit more distinctive from one another, something like this:

Maybe one problem with the dot thing though is that it looks a lot like a separate button area to click on.

Also one other possible complication with putting something on the right side is that I think at some point (probably starting with groups) there will be a way to launch a menu that has some actions relating to that particular item, and the way for launching the menu would probably be to click in that right-side spot - when you move the mouse over the item an arrow will probably appear in that area there that looks like the arrow currently in the Styles section header. Maybe that will be fine anyway though, the selection indicator dot could just change to a menu launcher arrow when the mouse is over the item's row. Any ideas on how that sounds?

- Michael