Hello I am using MOI to translate Solidworks 2008 and 2010 files into quad geometry for rendering in Modo.

3250.11 In reply to 3250.10 
Hi skateboardkid, yes certainly send me some sample models if you can.

I've actually heard back from the guy who makes the IGES translators that I use and the problem with that one type 186 model that would not come in should be fixed for the next v2 beta. It was actually an error in the IGES structure that SolidWorks created for that one model with a void pocket in it.

> the are are some surfaces doubled up

If you're using v1 this can happen if you have multiple solids within a single file and those solids have overlapping or touching pieces.

To avoid it, there are a few options - the best is to use v2 where that is solved, or you can only export one solid per IGES file instead of putting multiple parts inside of a single IGES file, or you can turn off automatic joining which in v1 is an option inside of the moi.ini file that you have to edit with a text editor like notepad.

> and most main fillets have flipped normals.

That can end up happening if pieces did not join together into a complete solid.

In v2 you can tell if an object is a solid or not by the object type indicator that shows up in the upper right corner of the window that gives some information about the selected objects.

- Michael