Panel Lines - Still having trouble

3245.6 In reply to 3245.4 
Hi Ryan, ok I see what you mean now, sorry I didn't understand it was that one particular sweep that was the problem.

So it looks like the problem is that your path curve is not actually a smooth curve, the different segments do not have the same end tangent directions where they meet up.

That's going to make your sweep be segmented as well and have little gaps (and currently in v2 have some extension problems where the new corner mitering is kicking in and not working entirely yet) between the pieces.

In order to get a nice smooth sweep result, the path curve should be made up of segments that are tangent where they touch each other.

How was that rail path created, was it created as a projection of a line through the main piece? Probably the surfaces on the main piece are not quite smooth to one another.

Also how was the main piece created, was that done by a sweep in v1?

Sweep in v1 had some problems where it was sensitive to the control point spacing between 2 rail curves and could end up kind of bunching things together. For example if I untrim your pieces and turn on control points, you can kind of see they are sort of slanted and not very regularly spaced:

If you're sweeping these sort of one piece at a time, that may not be so good because it can be hard to make things that meet up smoothly when you do it like that.

Could you maybe post some of the curves you used to create the main body so I can see more of what you were doing from the start on this model?

Thanks,
- Michael
Attachments: