Panel Lines - Still having trouble

So I talked to a few people who are much more experienced than I am in the use of MoI. I'm hoping I can get some additional guidance.

I'm learning to expand my knowledge by re-producing some Cold Navy starships based on some blueprints. They have some more complex hull designs and are pushing my knowledge base.

I'm attaching my 3D file, which has the base hull and single line overlayed upon it. It has been recommended that I try using a more trapezoid shape to eliminate the crowning problem I was having before.

I'm having a few problems when I try this. First, I get a long sweep that extends way off the object and doesn't seem to be staying on the curve, not sure why? Secondly, when I try to do a boolean dif, and delete the swept object, it won't delete the swept object from the main shape?

As a side note, I just put in my order for the software, and then upgraded to the 2.0 beta as well. I create the hull and line in the 1.0 version of the program - not sure if that is an issue?

I'm attaching my 3d file as well, I'm hoping someone like Otterman will come along and maybe grab my file and work a little magic so I can see how he's doing his excellent work (awesome panel lines on complex hulls)!

Thanks,

Ryan.