Unable to detect direct3d9 device?

322.6 In reply to 322.5 
Hi, wonderful app you have here Michael. I am testing it on my tablet PC (Toshiba M200) and I am impressed by the ergonomy.

I up this thread because I have the same problem from time to time (wiew screen goes white and shows "unable to create Direct3D9 device"). It happens when resizing the window or sometimes even just when choosing a tool on the menu. Sometimes switching between "split" view and another view just repare the screen but not always.

At last I think I understood part of the apparently random behaviour: it seems partially linked to your vectorial interface (impressive feature by the way) because of a lack of pixel accuracy.

I explain : for example when the UI size is set at the original 11 or tweaked at 10 on my sxga screen no problem when selecting a tool.
But when the UI size is tweaked at 9 and I click the circle tool it leads to direct3D bug
Why ? I realized that with this settings clicking the circle tool makes the left panel size increase by one pixel and that's just enough to blow direct3D.
It also explains why in windowed mode it bugs sometimes but not all the times : according to the screen resolution or window size (and UI size) there is some pixel inaccuracy that leads somewhere to errors.

Well I guess that my system is certainly guilty but I am not very hot to update any driver out of absolute necessity and anyway it is worth pointing these precisions to you.

My tablet PC : Toshiba M200, 512 Mo (needs an upgrade !), XP tablet PC 2005 SP2, SXGA, geforceFX GO5200 32 Mo