Some thoughts on a NURBS to Poly workflow with MoI

3196.19 In reply to 3196.16 
"...I can understand that people think it would be cool if MoI could just magically pop out a sub-d friendly all quad topology the same as what would be guided by someone's judgement... but the feasibility factor is rather low on that..."

An all-quad mesh is not the only complex factor involved here. Subdividing a mesh will also modify it's volume in different ways depending on the surface shape in that region. For example convex areas which shrink, concave areas will expand, and planar areas will remain roughly at their respective elevations. This would also need to be accounted for for a true subd-ready mesh...

Also going back to the suggestions by the original poster. That is a trick known to many Rhino users to force tightness in problem areas when generating a mesh. It's still a good technique to get finer control over your exports, but I think in most cases not needed when exporting from MoI. The only time i think it's needed is when you wish to get a better sense of symmetry in the mesh...

jonah