V2 beta Dec-19-2009 available now

3179.27 In reply to 3179.23 
Hi tfb,

> I encountered a small Problem when exporting to ai.
> MoI is messing up the scaling: draw a line in MoI (10mm)
> -> export to ai. and now it´s 70,556mm long?

I'll need a bit more information to really understand - into which program are you importing the AI file where you see it as 70.556mm long?

Like others mentioned, make sure you have set your units to mm in MoI, and uncheck the "Fit to page" option at export time.

You also may need to make sure your receiving application is set to have units = mm before importing the AI file - coordinates are actually stored in an AI file in "points" units where 1 point = 1/72 of an inch. The receiving application needs to be told to convert from points into some other units - there may be some specific option for this or you may need to make sure to set your unit system in the other application to mm before the import in order for it to match.

I just tested the export with a few different 3D and 2D programs and could not reproduce any problem, as long as the appropriate unit scaling mechanism was used on the receiving program - going into Rhino, ViaCAD, Mayura Draw, and Expression all preserved scale correctly, as long as "Fit to page" was turned off at export time from MoI.

I'll need to know more details about your receiving application and what options you have set in it.

- Michael