Multi core support ?

3166.9 In reply to 3166.8 
Hi Ola, I'm sorry I don't really know why multi-core is not working for you, I have not heard of this specific problem from anyone else before.

There is actually a setting in the moi.ini file that can be used to turn multi-core off and limit the number of threads that are used, you did not happen to set that did you?

You can open the moi.ini file by going to Options > General and press the Edit .ini file button there.

Inside the [Mesh Export] section, there is an entry:

[Mesh Export]
ThreadLimit=

Make sure that is blank, if it is set to some value it will cause the number of threads used to be limited to that value.

MoI uses a Windows system function called GetSystemInfo() (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724381(VS.85).aspx) to ask Windows how many processors are available and then uses that many threads. (unless ThreadLimit in moi.ini is set, which will cap the number of threads used)

I don't really know why that would not work properly on your system.

But you seem to be trying to use a combination of unfinished and unsupported Windows stuff (not final release of Win7, was that correct? , on Boot Camp which does not yet fully support even the full Win7 release) which may have something to do with it...

- Michael