Cushion edge piping

3165.14 In reply to 3165.12 
Hi Michael.

>>>>>What is it that you plan to do to the curve after the rebuild?>>>

I am using it for correcting geometry from other sources. WHen recieving models, sometimes they are poorley created. Instead of having to re-create a complex model, I can use Moi to extract edges and rbuild only the poor parts. Also to get cleaner surfaces from poor geometry.

Also, many people are creating stuff for "CAD/CAM" wth these other programs like corel and adobe. THe geometry comes into my cad/cam package and can become unusable. ie; a function of creating a "contour", which takes base gemetry and creates a new"directional spline" object really gets bugard up with this stuff as the fnction runs at its own tolerance and these dxf files can mangle things up. Rebuilding that curve as a proper nurbs curve is very simple and makes for an easy camming operation.

I never run it on stuff I create in MoI. Unless I am trying to get rid of a seam that is interfering with a filet or a nice blend operation. I love blend for surfaces, so this tool is nice to have this work well. But when you adjust blend to go across multiple edges, then this will not be needed for that.

MoI for me is becoming very powerful for Analyzing and fixing existing geometry. THe new tolerance feature of rebuild curve will be very cool for me. This command is very useful to me.