FBX Export - Styles Exported?

3164.18 In reply to 3164.17 
Hi NightCabbage,

Michael's modified blender obj script works perfectly to import Moi obj's with the vertex normals intact. Unfortunately, I found that the script had an inconsistent bug which seemed to shift the material assignments by 1. eg. if materials were red, green & blue then the blender importer would make green = red and blue = green. My recollection is that the red colour would switch to a grey default.

I checked the script with my limited skills. There seems to be an indexing issue. I thought I had it zapped a couple of times but it was never consistent. I doubt it is a difficult fix but I didn't have time to mess around with it.

What is your reason for needing to import the model as obj into blender with material colours assigned? Do you need to UV map in blender or perhaps you have my problem of needing to merge obj "parts" into one obj? If it is the latter then Michael has kindly solved that problem for us with a little app you can download via the wiki. Needless to say, it does the job perfectly.

Mark

---
Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html