What is your method?

3137.22 In reply to 3137.21 
Hi Pilou, sorry but again I'm not sure if I understand - what do you mean by "fit the blue line section" ?

Are you trying to adjust the shape? If so you do that by editing one or all of the 4 curves that were used to create the model, then do the same steps (sweep + trim + fillet).

Can you possibly post a 3DM file with your blue curve in it? That would probably help me to understand. It is hard for me to follow what you mean by the blue curve when I cannot examine the blue curve in an actual model file over here.

Maybe the attached 3DM file will help - here I have removed the surface and just have the 4 curves, and also I moved the curves for the top sweep down so that they are in the place where the cap will go at the end (previously I did the sweep higher up and then dragged the surface downwards afterwards).

So the 4 curves involved are like this:

And if I understand what you want to modify, you will want to edit these 2 curves, here seen in the Front view:

Now say you want the shape to instead be more like this blue curve that I have just drawn in here:

To get that, you will need to edit those 2 curves to have each follow a portion of that blue curve. But not the whole curve, they must cross at an area where there will instead be a fillet filled in.

So pick an area that will be used for the fillet, normally this would probably be a spot that has the tightest bend in it, so for example something like here:

Now edit or redraw the curves to be shaped like this instead:

Does that help explain it any?

Try to examine your shape and see if there is a major areas that can be defined by shorter curves to sweep - those will become the different pieces, and then you combine the pieces with a fillet to produce the smooth linkage between them.

If you are having problems, please post a model file though, that is much easier for me to examine than only screenshots...

- Michael