aligning to tangent points

3113.6 In reply to 3113.5 
Micheal,
I'm including the drawing that I'm trying to work with, with a lot of stuff hidden to simplify it. I know that several people think that I don't know the first thing about this, but I always have all three snaps enabled while drawing and use the snapping as much as I can. I don't understand the little corner tags quite as well but I'm learning.

In this drawing there are two spheres and a cylinder. If you look at it in the "front" window, what I want to do is move the cylinder down and have it touch both spheres. In the real world, I want the little rod to rest on the balls and make electrical contact with both.

Although I've got just about every kind of snap in the world enabled, I can't seem to get any type of snapping interaction going between the balls and the rod. I'm sure that this is something simple and I am relatively new to MoI. And although MoI is similar to Rhino, it's not identical and that takes me down the wrong path sometimes. Your help is always patient and considerate and never sarcastic, and I appreciate that very much. I'm hoping for that again.

Regard,
Mark
Attachments: