fillet issue

3105.54 In reply to 3105.26 
Hi Anthony,

> It would be great for me and for other users
> to see precisely the workflow you've used to
> build the "boiteaproblem" :D
>I mean if you've got a bit of free time
> (I know it can be time consuming huhu)
> if you could take some screenshoot along the
> way it would be REALLY nice :D

I haven't forgotten, here is the run down for the body of the watch, I actually did this with a slightly different strategy than the previous model I did.

1. Line up the reference curves, I used the magenta line in the center to do this and place the center of the watch face on the origin,
it will be easier to work with.
Draw a circle around the outside (green) and use the second magenta line as reference to create the red profile curve, it's a simple line and arc.
Then transfer this red curve to the (top view) reference curves and orient the right way.

2. Revolve the red curve about the center to create a solid. (Construct > Revolve. with Cap ends)

3. Boolean difference so we just work with a quarter of the watch as it is symmetrical around the X and Y axis.
If you like there is a alternate Revolve script which allows you to revolve any angle segment, in this case 90°.

4. Draw the profile curves as shown with sharp corners, using the reference curves as a guide, join (Edit>Join) these curves together.
*Tip: if you are on V2 you can lock the reference curves so they don't get in the way or disturbed and still be used to snap to.

5. Draw an arc, (Draw Curve>Arc>3pts) as shown using the reference curves to snap to end points.
Make sure the curve is at the level shown in the second picture.

6. Draw a line (green) tangent to the inner curve of the reference as shown.
Again, make sure it is on the bottom level of the solid.

7. Extrude (Construct>Extrude) this line in Z+ (up) using the reference curves for the height.

8. Extrude the arc, but this time using the 'Set dir' button in the Extrude command and drag a construction line from
the middle of the bottom arc to the middle of the top arc of the watch to set the direction.
This surface should end up on a slight angle.

9. Select these two edges.

10. Create a blend (Construct>Blend) between the two surfaces and then join them (Edit>Join)

11. Now use the top curves, drawn previously, and the newly created surfaces to do a Boolean difference as show.
Hide or delete the pieces not needed.

12. Create a fillet on this edge first, I used 0.5

13. Select all these edges and create a 0.25 fillet.

14. Draw a line aligned with the top edge of the radius as shown.

15. Boolean difference the solid with this line and hide or delete the top part and line.

16. Mirror the quadrant through X and Y axis, then Boolean union the pieces together.
Done!

Cheers
~Danny~