Pre-highlight?

3075.2 In reply to 3075.1 
Hi Danny, the problem is that when you have a solid, the pre-highlighting of a solid is drawn by colorizing the faces of the solid.

So if you have hidden all the faces, you have hidden the part that actually shows the highlight.

Early on in MoI, I tried putting the "halo glow" that is used for pre-highlight of curve selection on all the edges of a highlighted solid. That looked pretty weird though.

One other difficulty is that it is possible to have only some faces hidden, so an object can be in a kind of "partial wireframe" with only some faces hidden.

Maybe the kind of thing that you are talking about where the actual behavior of the drawing is different would require more of a full "wireframe mode" that you would switch on or off instead of the current system where that is kind of simulated just by hiding faces.

I'm not entirely sure about that though, because the current system also has some benefits of making it possible to have just some objects or even portions of objects displayed in "wireframe" instead of it being an all or nothing type thing.

Maybe I should treat the case where all faces are hidden as special and only in that case draw the highlight as the halo around all edge curves.

- Michael