Moi(Rhino)

3066.15 In reply to 3066.14 
Hi andras, well just because you get surfaces with not the exact same control points in them does not mean that they are not both accurate to within a proper tolerance value.

Like I mentioned, just differences in the way fitting works can produce different numbers or arrangements of control points even though the distance in the actual results are both within the same tolerance level.

quote:
And the college ask me to modify the existing surface with some Boolean (or any) but I will receive only the initial curves (formerly the college mentioned that the surface was produced by Network command and me as well make the surface by Moi network tool).

This would seem to be strange to me that they would ask you to modify the surface but not actually include the surface! :)

At any rate, if you are going to be working closely on a project with someone else who is using Rhino, you will probably also want to also have Rhino and you will then have the choice of doing any particular operation that you want either in MoI or Rhino depending on what you need.

There is one thing in MoI's network that I do need to tune up though - currently Network in MoI is refit to a somewhat looser tolerance of only 0.01 units rather than the usual 0.001 units, that's to get a lighter surface without too dense of control points. I do plan on improving this in the future so that the outer edges will get fit to a 0.001 tolerance and only the interior ones will be lighter.

- Michael