ArraycrvPLUS

3034.30 In reply to 3034.29 
Hi Michael,

>would you want to specify this kind of thing by telling it a distance to use between each item, or would you want to tell it something like the total number of items and have it figure out the distances automatically?

Well, it would be nice to specify a distance between objects since the distance between objects would have to be checked anyway after the array is complete, in order to know whether you've created a viable model. Either way, it's gonna be a little bit of trial and error, getting the right distance between, number of, and size of, (the object ) to array along a particular path curve on a surface, so would having as many variables as possible to edit help with the process?

>What I'm thinking is that you could specify a previously drawn circle as one of the inputs to the command.

>The center of the circle would be used as the "base point", for the spot that will correspond to the location on the surface. So you could position the stone >in relation to the circle to control a vertical offset. The circle would also control the diameter as well.

Makes sense to me!

>Oh yeah, how are changes in size supposed to work? Would it work to specify a scale factor that is applied to each instance?

I like your idea to designate a certain percentage to scale each instance, but if anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to chime in... :-)

Thanks,

Jesse

P.S. Michael, I sent you some info by email that will hopefully answer a lot of the questions we're discussing.

EDITED: 2 Nov 2009 by JESSE