Hull Lofting Experiments and Issues

3002.2 In reply to 3002.1 
Hi Mark, thanks for showing the results of your experiments!

But it's pretty hard for me to follow along and also be sure I understand what is happening just from a text description and a screenshot.

It really helps me to understand what you are talking about if I can also examine the 3DM model file, so I can do things like zoom in, rotate around to look at things from different angles, repeat the loft with different experimental options, stuff like that.

Is it possible for you to attach a 3DM model file for each of these situations you are showing screenshots for? Ideally if you can have it zoomed in on to the lofted surface so that I can also delete it and reloft it to repeat what you did, something along those lines would help out a lot.

> Fourth attachment shows a much better edge alignment
> with adjoining surfaces (though probably still not actually "joined"?).

Normally a regular Loft should be joinable to its source curve, so this could be a bug.

re: Loose loft with fixed ends only - I understand what you mean by that but unfortunately I can't immediately think of any way to make that happen - the way Loose loft works is that it just takes the control points of the curves as being the control points of the generated surface. It's not really very feasible to do that only for some curves and not others because the surface structure is more of one unified thing, like all the control points in the U direction of a surface need to have a similar structure.

I have some ideas in the future on some possible options for Network, so it would also be good if I could see a 3DM file with your Networked version in it so I could select the curves and repeat the Network construction over here as well.

- Michael