V2 beta Oct-19-2009 available now

3000.44 In reply to 3000.1 
Hi Michael,

quote:

Updated style inheritance for Booleans and Join – the object that was selected first will be used to set the properties on the new combined parent object. So for example if you have a red object and a blue object and you want to Boolean Union them together, select the one that you want to be dominant first. The name on the combined object will come from the dominant/first selected input and also the parent object style which is used in some cases for style assignment with newly created faces such as fillets.

>>the object that was selected first will be used to set the properties on the new combined parent object.

Does _the properties_ mean also the Style? E.g. I have two spheres with different styles (blue and red) assigned to them. Now I run boolean union command and select blue sphere first, then red. The result is a blob with different styles of faces while I expected a blue blob.
Note that for curves (boolean union, join) it works like expected.

Also I think that style assignment doesn't work properly with setting:
[Styles]
GeneratedObjectsInheritStyle=n

In case of booleaning solids (without order, just window selection) or joining surfaces or using Planar command to cap a hole it doesn't apply the active style to generated objects, it still applies the style of "parent" object or leaves a sub-object style. This setting seems to be linked only with curve input object(?)

On the other hand, with setting:
[Styles]
GeneratedObjectsInheritStyle=y
DisableSubObjectStyles=n

if you extrude two touching curves with different styles you get a polysurface with the same style of faces!

Petr
Attachments: