Text and Extrude Command

2999.11 In reply to 2999.6 
Hi naoky, thanks very much for posting the 3DM file with the faces to extrude, that really helps me to track down a problem when I have can repeat it over here.

So it turned out that there were actually 2 different bugs here, and I've fixed them both for the next beta which I should be posting just a bit later today.

The first bug was that when creating Text as surfaces rather than solids, each face that was generated would not necessarily have a consistent normal direction, some could have a normal pointing opposite the others. That should be fixed up now so that they should all be consistent, and pointing in the same direction as the grid's "up" direction that you clicked on to place the text.

Then the second problem was that when extruding faces rather than curves, each face would extrude along its own normal direction, so they would go in different directions if they had different orientations. This was not quite exactly a bug, because having each face extrude along its own normal allows for some extrusions of different faces of a solid in one operation like this:

But what I did for this is to make a special case when you've got a bunch of faces that are all lined up on the same plane like the example in your file. In this case it will make a uniform direction between all of the extrusions now.

Please let me know if you still see any bad behavior with this for the next beta.

- Michael