Browser icon (eye/lock)

2990.2 In reply to 2990.1 
Hi Petr, well remember when you first posted here you said something like: I like MoI now but I won't like it by version 5 because software always gets so complex over time.

I'm really committed to trying to maintain simplicity as much as possible to avoid that from happening. This is a good example of one of those efforts.

Adding another column to the scene browser makes it more visually complex and it leaves less room for the name label. So adding in another column creates some problems, it makes the scene browser overall less streamlined.

Locking is just not used as frequently or by as many people as hiding, and there are many people who actually never use it. So those people would only receive the negative effects of having an additional column and not gain anything positive from it.

So that's why I don't want to have an additional column for it - it is just not providing enough value for the cost.

Also having a single "status" column seems to give a nice benefit that the lock and the eye stick out from one another more, so it is actually easier to glance down the column and see differences in status, rather than needing to examine multiple columns.

> It would also help to lock/unlock a batch of objects simply by
> using left/right click without Ctrl key modifier.

I'm not quite following this part.... you can still do the "swipe" method with Ctrl down to lock/unlock a series of entries in one motion. Is that the kind of thing you're talking about for batching?

- Michael