STL question

2984.9 In reply to 2984.8 
Hi Michael,
Just got my models today from shapeways. There are some cool results. Some of these pics appear a bit "rougher" than they do in person to be fair to shapeways. The camera is about 2 inches away from the piece, and they have a "wax coating" that is leftover from the printing process that I havnt removed yet. We will lab these up a bit. If I produce anything that looks much better, I'll post it when I'm done.

The piece is roughly 2.4 x 2.3 x .3 inches in size. The pricing varies slightly with the materials we selected. $9.24, $12.90, $14.29 and $14.96. I am interested in their new "Stainless steel" print, but wanted to lab things up first as the price for that material is about 6 1/2 times more than the rest. This piece would be about $60.00 in that material.

I ordered one material that isnt shown here that is speced as "High Strength, less detail" and a neat byproduct of printing this small piece in that material is that the surface has a "texture" that also follows the surfacing of the model. It even prints the "Seam Edges" of the model! So you can see all the filets and everything. It really "Looks" like the MoI model. The texture is like feeling a "Screen" on a window.

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN