missed faces

2968.2 In reply to 2968.1 
Hi andras - MoI's extrude currently uses a tolerance set at 0.001 units and if you have curves that have some segments in them that have a length smaller than that, it can cause that kind of missing face problem when extruding them.

That may possibly be what you were running into.

But it is hard to know for sure without seeing an example, can you please post a 3DM file (or e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com) so I can try to repeat the missing face extrusion problem over here? If I can repeat it over here I can more definitely trace down the problem rather than just trying to guess.

I do have a fix for the small segment issue in the next v2 beta though, the tolerance for the extrusion will be automatically adjusted to be tighter if there are small segments being extruded.

> Can I modify somewhere treshold senstive value?

No, the tolerance value in MoI cannot be adjusted - it tends to cause a lot of weird problems to make that value adjustable. Things like receiving a file from someone else with an altered tolerance in it, then trying to build new objects and having them come out strange because you are not really aware the tolerance is not what you were expecting, stuff like that.

Also I am generally working towards making the tolerance be adaptable to be a fraction of the overall size of the objects involved in the operation rather than only one fixed value.

- Michael