Will Moi3D continue to be a pet project? Closed

2943.3 In reply to 2943.2 
Hi Grendel,

Yeah I feel it's slowing down, the focus is mainly on new stuff right?, there was half a year on organizing stuff, recently it has been displays, what about the core modeling tools?, when the feature list grows, there is less time to spend on each topic.

I wholeheartedly agree that I have not come across a more helpful, more hard-working and smart developer, but Michael you're not superman man:)...

Surely there must be room to expand, and get another developer in or too outsource some stuff... stuff that has been mentioned to implement, are some layouts and dimensioning tools, basic renderer possible some kind of sdk of some sort, the list goes on...

Now the Moi enjoys having the best nurbs to mesh mesher around and has a competitive price. Next version is going to cost 300$ That is 1/3 of what Rhino cost, and they have what 10 delvelopers?. What happens when Rhino finally redoes its mesher, that would take alot from Moi, what about Moi great display engine? In Rhino v5 they have really made improvements and it's really fantastic with realtime shadows...

What I am saying Moi don't think about expanding it's business and want to remain a one man company, then it will be out of business very shortly.