Will Moi3D continue to be a pet project? Closed

While I don't believe there is too much to worry about in the near future, I can't help but agree with Olio just a small bit.

Already owning Rhino v2, MoI's USP (unique selling points) for me were:

1) It's gorgeous mesher; I stopped using Rhino for the mere fact that what I would get out of it was too heavy / ugly to work with in my animation app.

and

2) The gorgeous GUI; Even with the great GUI, for me the Mesher was the justification for me to buy a similar app (and by the same developer of Rhino) than just upgrading to the latest version of Rhino.

I will also say that I was saddened when I was considering upgrading my Rhino package (v3 at the time) and heard that Michael wasn't no longer part of the project. I had actually thought back in the v1 days that McNeel was Michael's company!

Imagine my glee however when I discovered MoI and learned it was Michael again doing the development! :-)

So if Rhino did come out with a comparable mesher and say a better GUI then MoI's USPs will take some damage in my mind...

The one place where I agree with Olio directly is with say the documentation; that is definitely time Michael could be working on new code while the docs are done by someone else with his direction...

Michael is an amazing programmer with a gift of developing bug free code so I'm also happy with how things are going.

I don't think there will be too much to worry about for good amount of time to come.

-Will