WIP the lock

nice clean concept, crydee :) Which render engine did you use? i hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism how i think it can be improved...

1) The tone looks washed out and a bit flat, a common effect of HDRI light. Try lowering the white level to get a little "blowout" on the chrome reflections. And try raising the black level to get some small areas where it remains completely black...

2) Maybe use only one GI bounce to avoid washing out...

3) The logo seems "tacked on". Perhaps give it a little bump so it looks engraved or embossed on the lock body... Also it seems tacked on because both locks don't have the logo. You should add the logo to the second lock as well... Also the logo color should not be pure white. Maybe some color "almost white" is more realistic...

4) By the look of the image, I will guess you used Modo? There is some noise on the floor which could easily be fixed by increasing the Irradiance Rate so it skips over more pixels when doing the first stage of sampling...

5) Add a big gentle noise to the lock shaders to give it some random bump, so it won't be so "perfect". Also try some blurry reflection and extra small noise bump in the lock shackle...

just my thoughts. overall i like the image, color palette, etc... i just think it needs a little push. you can disregard my comments if you prefer :)

shorty