how to get this nice and smooth shape like this

2916.7 In reply to 2916.5 
Hi Olga, normally sweep expects a smooth scaling rail, not one that has sharp corners in it, so that is probably not going to work very well as a scaling rail in what you show there.

Could you please post a 3DM model file to go along with the images in your last post?

Your original file has a different shaped result in it, and there are quite a few curves in there so I'm not immediately sure which ones you have used for the construction, like which ones were the rails and profiles, etc... If you can post something more simplified that for example only has the curves you were using for the last images that you made, that would help me to follow what you are doing.

> But when I extrude the circle for finger hole this is what I get.
> So the side view changes dramatically from what I initially wanted.

It seems like the shape is too narrow in that area - when you apply the scaling rail, it controls the outermost profile of the generated surface. But you are actually trying to control the profile of how it intersects with the extrusion of the circle which is not the same thing.

It looks like the shape is too narrow in that area to get you the final result that you need, so I would think you would want to make the scaling rail wider that that, to stretch the shape some more in that area so that it will get you the result you want after intersection.

Or possibly instead of a scaling rail another profile or two in that area may help to control the shape and widen it a bit there.

It can be difficult to control something in multiple directions simultaneously.

If you can post a file that lets me re-create the sweep in your last posts though that would make it easier to try and help you.

- Michael