About locked objects

2900.7 In reply to 2900.6 
Hi Pilou,

> Yes transparency locked object seems the best when you want
> to see the internal object in the same time for modify it without
> modify the visible sphere by error ;)

Yes, transparency for locked objects would be good for that particular situation.

But until then you can get the equivalent of 100% transparency just by hiding the object that is on the outside and in the way.

That will let you get this job done currently.

> Or simply for draw a new object inside the locked sphere
> à the good place!

Actually though for other drawing tasks having locked objects be transparent and also automatically not targeted by the mouse at all could be bad, for example what if you wanted to draw the new sphere snapped on to some particular point of the box?

If the box was transparent and also totally ignored for all kinds of mouse interaction, it would then not make it possible to use as a reference guide object which is currently one of the main goals for locked objects.

So even in the future when there is transparency available, there will still probably be a second setting for "snap to locked objects", which you would also enable or disable separately, so that you can use the objects as a snapping guide.

> No cursor of transparency for the normal Edit color Object?

Sorry I'm not sure if I understand this question.

Do you mean being able to make an object transparent by editing properties of its style? I would also like to make that possible in the future, but that won't happen for v2 because like I mentioned it will take some additional work to make transparency possible.

- Michael