Button Style Terminology

 From:  Michael Gibson
2890.2 In reply to 2890.1 
Hi dw, I don't know that there is a name for that kind of button use...

It's not really part of the basic "office" type UI (like word processing, etc.. apps) so it just may not be common enough to have a common term for it.

I have seen it used in other 3D apps before though, but often times they are very tiny buttons that are kind of harder to use.

> Is it going to be possible to use that style button the the
> multi-touch features in windows 7

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I would think that some of the multi-touch functions in Windows 7 would map to mouse button actions but I have not really dug into the details of what is happening with that yet.

- Michael