More information on object

2882.2 In reply to 2882.1 
Hi Daniel thanks, I'm glad that you like MoI!

> * Is there any fast way to calculate length of curve?

It is possible to do this in v2 by setting up a keyboard shortcut with this as the command:

script:/* Calculate length of selected curves and copy to the clipboard as text */ var crvs = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects().getCurves(); var len = 0.0; for ( var i = 0; i < crvs.length; ++i ) len += crvs.item(i).getLength(); moi.copyTextToClipboard( len );

Then when you push that shortcut key it will calculate the length of the selected curves and copy it to the clipboard as text, and you can paste it into a text editor to see it.

I do plan on having a better readout for these kinds of calculated properties in the future.

> * Where can I find more information on a specific object like distance
> between two points on a surface etc..?

In v2 there is a properties panel in the upper-right area of the window, that shows some information on the selected objects, here:

If you have 2 points selected, it will tell you the dimensions of the bounding box around them.

When a line is selected, it will give the length of the line in that same spot so you can draw a line between the 2 points and select it to get the distance. Or there is also a plug-in you can use to get the distance between 2 points here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#MeasureDistance

> * There is any fast way to flatten curved object like I did on the attached picture?

No, there isn't any mechanism available in MoI to do that.

- Michael