Tablet?

Ok, so I'm going to post this in here so I don't spam out the forum too much.

I need a 3d modelling program to make models of space ships for an upcoming game of mine (2d pre-rendered graphics).
I'm currently juggling 3 jobs - my normal programming job (full-time), part-time web design (after work and on the weekends), and game design in any other free time I can manage to find.

So far I'm really liking the way Moi does things. It's kind of how I've always wanted to make models. So I'm very tempted to buy it - but only if it's at the level where I can actually use it to create nice loking space ships :)

Now I saw PaQ's little fighter ship, and that looked pretty cool. So providing that I can make things like that, or more complex, without many issues, then it's sounding pretty attractive.

After I make the model, I'll export it as a mesh and render it elsewhere, until Moi has its own renderer :)

So I guess my question is "should I buy Moi and take the time to learn it well - or should I stick to another modelling package?"

In your honest opinions, with experience of the product and 3d modelling in general - can I make really nice space ships with Moi? :)

Thanks guys!