Tablet?

2877.19 In reply to 2877.13 
>>Ok tablet users, help me decide between the Intuos4 Medium and Large models...

Hi NightCabbage

As I said before, a lot of it depends on your style of drawing. If you make wide sweeping movements then you need a larger tablet. If you draw more with the wrist then a smaller one may work.

When I was deciding I went to the Wacom site and found out the size of the active area and the size of the tablet. I then cut some paper up to get an idea of the areas involved. Unfortunately they don't seem to show the active area for the Intuos 4 (mine is an Intuos 3).

I use twin 1600x1200 21" monitors (HP LP2065). With my A4 (A4 being the active area) I can drag all the way across both monitors without falling off the tablet when using it in mouse mode.

You are not really going to know until you try one. But I believe both sizes should be suitable for your size of monitor. The final choice may come down to how much space you have on your desk and the cost

Also bear in mind how far away the keyboard will be. Do you like to keep your free hand on the keys ready for shortcuts (I do), if so then you will need to take that into account when choosing the size.

hope this helps

Regards
Tony

(aka HamSoles)