Drip, drip, drip------

2871.26 In reply to 2871.25 
Hi Brian,

> Michael
> Sorry if you can not see the very, very obvious (to me) connection.

Is your concern addressed now that you know that you don't actually need to have an active internet connection in order to read the help file?

> Brian
> Please think hard and well about the many app users
> who may not use the web or access forums.

Yes, that's definitely good advice, and I have already followed it - that's why the help file (except for the videos) is included as part of the regular install, so that you do not need to have an internet connection to read it.

Is there something else that you think I need to take into account for users who do not have an internet connection?

Just to clarify - MoI does not need an internet connection to run. After you install it, it runs locally from your machine so you can run MoI and construct models, save files, read the help file, etc... on a machine that is not connected to the internet at all.

But probably in the future I will have a few more things that hook into some online components, like probably some kind of easier script installer that would have some UI that would make it easier to get scripts from an online script library. Things like that which may need to be updated frequently (to add new scripts on demand as people ask for various functions) tend to be practical to be focused on being online. That will just be one specific function though, even when that is in place, you'll still be able to run MoI and create models without being online.

I still don't really understand what this has to do with remembering keyboard shortcuts though, is there some connection with that?

- Michael