Who we are...

287.2 In reply to 287.1 
i am a self-taught designer/visualizer working in NY. I started as a delivery boy in my company, then for extra money i began to design models for them and taught myself metalsmith techniques to create the master models for reproduction. I accomplished this by setting up a metal shop in my apartment (much to my landlord's suffering ! ). Later I became head technical director for my company. We work with factories in Europe, Asia, Africa, US to develop our goods. Then i did some freelance designing for a metal/plastic factory in China, and i did all technical diagrams by hand. It was a NIGHTMARE, really impossible to explain complex forms unless i drew many cross-section views all by hand. So i decided it was time to push my company to invest in some 3D software (which i had ZERO experience using any 2D or 3D apps). They resisted quite strongly, so i taught myself to use Rhino/Flamingo demos. After 2 months of "playing" with it, they finally realized the huge benefits of using 3D in our company. Finally, we bought Rhino in June 2005. And here i am now... For my purposes, i see Moi as a perfect complimentary tool for Rhino. The Copy/Paste exchange is just marvelous. By keeping both of them open, i can easily take advantage of the unique strengths of both programs...