Who we are...

Hi,

I am an aeronautical engineer from The Netherlands. I started 3d modelling with bCAD, a russian CAD program that contains a rendering engine. I then started with Blender (starting with version 1.72) and Cinema 4D 6CE (free with a french magazine that I found during a course in Luxembourg). I bought the upgrade from Cinema 4D to 6 plus, so I can make unlimited renders. Sometimes I also use Amapi 6.1, Realsoft 3D and Shade 7LE which I also found with a french magazine.

For some time I experimented with the trial versions of Rhino 3d and Deskartes 3D, and I liked Rhino most. But as 3d modelling is only a hobby I did not consider to buy this program. Something in the area of 100 to 200 Euros is still acceptable (I also spent this type of amount on handbooks of Blender and on my - old - Cinema 4D licence) but I could not justify 750 Euro's for Rhino. Like Maxon they should probably sell older versions cheaper!

The MoI user interface is even better that the Rhino interface. I really have to compliment Michael for that. I don't know why, but I model very fast with this user interface. Perhaps it is the restriction of the number of functions. Rhino can do so much that I get lost. I only do this in my spare time, so I do not have time to understand all these complicated Rhino functions. I have no problem at all with the missing rendering interface. An export to something that can be read by other programs is sufficient.

Yours sincerely,

Ray.