Who we are...

287.11 In reply to 287.10 
I am an artist/craftsman/designer/educator, chairing the Metals/Jewelry Design Program at Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, MI. I have been working with computers since my uncle handed down his TRS*80 Model I when I was a kid, trying to make art by printing in multiple colors on my dot-matrix printer by swapping out the ink ribbons and running through my BASIC programs multiple times with small variations:) But I didn't really get into 3D until I began teaching jewelry full time in 2003; learning and teaching ArtCam and Rhino. I teach CAD/CAM for Metals/Jewelry Design and Digital Fabrication for sculpture, and have setup and manage the Digital Fabrication Lab at Kendall, where we use an Envisiontec Perfactory and Stratasys Dimension RP systems and modelmaster CNC milling machines. Much more, if you are interested, on my/our various websites.

I have been trying out the MOI betas since approx late summer/early Fall 2006 at the suggestion of a colleague James McMurray, formerly of the University of Washington. I am teaching MOI right now to both of my CAD classes as a kind of introduction to Rhino.

_PHIL

www.carrizzi.com
www.digfablab.com
www.cadlaboration.com
jewelry.kcad.edu