To Project one curve

286.10 In reply to 286.9 

it does and it doesn't. there are a few trouble spots when using this technique in 3D view:

1) ability to trim is affected by the rotation of the curve. find a situation that trims a surface, then rotate the curve 90 degrees and try it again. Does it still work?

2) what axis are you intending to project along? I think Moi defaults to whatever seems most logical based on position of the objects. that's fine for most cases, but maybe not always.

3) If your object and your trim curve are centered around same location, which axis will it use?

4) How do you trim along Z-axis?

all of these issues are resolved by using an orthogonal view. It also helps to visualize exactly where the trim will be created...

jonah

EDIT - It seems this technique also has some strange reults created by "pulling" the curve towards the 0,0,0 origin when i trimmed along the Z axis, the resulting trim curve was pulled off the axis. So it seems there is no way to trim along the Z unless you first rotate an object and then trim along X or Y... Also i think maybe the results are affected by a curve being planar or non-planar...

EDITED: 10 Jan 2007 by JBSHORTY