New lighting model WIP

2801.77 In reply to 2801.76 
@Neo
> "Anyway I hope MoI develops to a KICK ASS Specialized Tool...Nothing Less Nothing More."

Specialized? I think most people buy MoI because it has a powerfull UI and its simple... not "specialized"
I hope MoI become more and more simple and powerfull, not become an elite specialized tool like Rhino.

> "How is the sweep tool working for you?"

It does exactly what I want already.

> "MoI as it stand now it does fall in the first category BUT it could go the "Rhino way"

I dont want MoI to go to the Rhino way, env maps are in the first category because it makes simple to model things, its an help for modelling.

@Michael
> "No, although Zebra is good to have as well, but it is not as practical as the metal one I showed previously for having on full time while modeling."

I dont use Zebra, I never used it, only discovered it in Rhino. If im asking for Zebra its not for me, its for people who need to check for continuity.
I never do class A surfaces and I never care about G1, G2 and G3. I agree that its not as practical as the metal one, its a specialized tool so it cant be good for full time modeling.
By the way Zebra can be good looking too (Alias design screenshot)

> "Currently MoI is focused on being a tool for modeling, that's why many of the current priorities are oriented towards practical functions
and ease of use and not necessarily for just having the most possible beautiful image on the screen like it would be when you are working on producing renderings."

Well I think that env maps improve modelling ease and comfort. And as I said to Neo I dont want to use MoI as a product rendering.

> "For a tool, the priority is usefulness first."

You are currently working on a new light system, it can be both usefull and good looking.

> "But your priorities (for example, just making things "look cool") are not in line with MoI's current development priorities
that means that I can't easily act directly on your feedback so much in the short term because it would take me away from the current set of goals instead of moving in line with the current set of goals."

Yes I agree, but I see that you are currently working on that light system so I speak only about that particular area. If it was a thread about the modelling tools I will only speak about modelling tools and making feedback about them. And its not "my priorities" I dont have priorities I found MoI to be already perfect for what I do. Im not a product designer also. Its just that I like to give feedback on anything.

> "Some more tweaking and refining."

This one is perfect! No more dark areas :) This is very usefull.

> "The same intensities with "metallic" option"

Very good looking too, much better than before. The sphere is kinda strange but the Squid thing is good.
Attachments: