MoI on Acer Aspire One via VirtualBox?

2795.12 In reply to 2795.11 
As a postscript to all this, I have managed to get Windows XP to run from a USB stick on my wife's Fedora based Aspire One netbook by using BartPE.

I had to jump through some hoops slipstreaming SP2 with my SP1 XP CD so I could get DX9. I had to copy NTDETECT.com form Server 2003 SP1 to the root of my USB stick (BartPE is completely unstable from USB without it, great with it!) as well as several other steps. I also have to install the Aspire One XP drivers for chipset & video after XP boots using a special BartPE "plugin".

With all that done, MoI works great from the USB stick on this little netbook. Performance seems really good compared to the SIS650 on my desktop & screen size/resolution has proved to be a non-issue. Thanks Michael for making it easy to run MoI from a USB stick :)

I need to get a netbook of my own now that I've proved to myself that I can live with the netbook format. I'd like a Dell Mini 10. I can afford a Eee 701! How do you think MoI would run on one of those Michael (Intel GMA900 (915?) gfx & 900Mhz Celeron M)?

EDITED: 9 Aug 2009 by MABROWN