Tangent from circle

2788.14 In reply to 2788.13 
Hi Danny, I think I see what you mean, you want to find the point on a circle that will give you a tangent line of that angle.

Before when you were talking about rotation, I had thought you meant rotating the line around one of its own ends, but I think I see that you meant rotating the line around the center point of the circle?

You can actually still use an angled cline to help with this if you want - if you draw in an cline at the desired angle, you can then drop a second cline using perp/perp snap to get the point you want:

That's sort of like using the cline as a temporary angled grid.

But another method that may be easier for you is to set up a construction plane angled by 30 degrees, which will then give you a quad snap at the point you want.

When setting this cplane, you may want to uncheck the "Orient ortho views" option so that your top view will stay the same and you will see the angled cplane. To do that, click a point for the cplane origin, then type <30, and drag the x axis to angle it at 30 degrees. Then use quad snap:

It looks like there is currently a bug where setting angle constraint does not work properly if you try to adjust the cplane from its current location instead of picking a new origin point for it, so until I fix that in the next beta you need to pick an origin point anywhere for the angle adjustment to work in the cplane tool.

- Michael