[Request] Line from Center point :)

2782.49 In reply to 2782.42 
Hi DesuDeus,

> The only small problem is that when locked, everything is the same grey!

You can change that if you wish - go to Options / View, and uncheck the option for "Locked objects use alternate color".

With that option off, then locked objects will remain their normal color instead of displaying in gray.

> The perfect UI would have a slider from dark to light just
> like After Effects, for people that like Dark on white
> background or White on dark background.

Yes, something like that in the future would be good.

Maybe instead of a slider just some different packaged choices in a "UI theme" dropdown or something like that.

But unfortunately it can take quite a bit of additional development time to maintain multiple themes, that would increase the amount of time it would take me to introduce new UI elements since I would need to now fill in things for multiple themes instead of only one.

Since I am only a single person working on MoI, I tend to have to be careful to avoid undertaking areas that will add a lot of time to my work.

For After Effects, there was probably a developer who was able to spend 100% of their time working on that UI color adjustment that you were talking about, while other developers worked on separate things.

If I were to spend 100% of my time working on that, there are no other developers to work on the other features, so I would end up with a color-tweakable UI and no modeling features which is not the best result.

- Michael