3D-Coat import 3dm...

"I think what it comes down to is "who do you think is converting the NURBS data the best".

I think Michaels mesher has taken the next step. Can this other guy write one just as good or better?

This would be the reason why you would want to use the import rather than the export."

Exactly, which is why I'd prefer to see him take a leap that worthy of him - t-splines.

Being able to work with Voxels, T-Splines and polygons within 3D-Coat would be an awesome achievement.

The T-Splines would pretty much replace sds-polygons so effectively you'd be working with Voxels and NURBS which could then be quad'ed down to polygons for export like he does now with voxels...

From what I saw of the suggested videos to watch, I don't see all that much a need to >>import<< NURBS curves?? Mostly, they were drawn by hand to match the geometry. 3DC already has similar curve drawing functionality?

I guess when creating models within MoI, I could create curves at the same time with the goal to use them as manipulation guides but as it is now, I usually toss out curves after I create things so that would have to be a mindset change for me to use that workflow...

I guess time will tell what Andrew will do with "NURBS" within 3D-Coat.

-Will