Feature Request - Multi Monitor support

2777.11 In reply to 2777.9 
> Yeah, that's possible if someone ended up using more specialized HTML stuff.

> But that's not really needed for the things that MoI uses - just the base IE6 level of stuff is actually fine for what MoI is doing. MoI just does not use it to make big intricate web pages - it's using it mostly to arrange text and controls at a kind of more granular level.

> Also MoI relies more on custom drawn controls to handle quite a lot of things, rather than being totally dependent only on CSS.

I agree with your statements insofar as they apply to the core MoI code. But it seems likely that users might start going further afield in their own extensions. I've already written some pop-up MoI windows that use standard HTML tags, custom CSS, some non-MoI ActiveX components, open-source Javascript toolkits, etc., and it all seems to work together fairly well. In cases like this, I would view standards compliance as a really good thing to have.

> Yeah, it's pretty much classified as a system component and is not part of any redistributable package.

I guess that's what I was wondering, if it was part of a redistributable package. Too bad.

> That "not bundled" thing probably means that iexplore.exe is not around, I kind of doubt that it means that all the lower level components such as mshtml.dll are not installed.

Duh! I guess I should have figured that one out myself. That's what happens when you only read the headlines :-)

- Dave Morrill