MoI - Big Wishlist thread - Post your wishes here

275.3 In reply to 275.1 
Hi. Here's my thoughts on your suggestions. I agree with most, but:

3. This would probably require that both objects are driving each other, like a bilateral associativity. This would be nice for a single object in a file. But if you used the input curve to develop several objects, then moving one linked object will move the input curve, and then also move all other associated objects. Doesn't sound very desirable for many situations...

9. Object Naming - I agree that a curve named John should produce a copied curve named John1 and/or a solid named JohnSolid1 (or something like that anyway). But i disagree that naming should be randomly executed by Moi. A name must be something that makes sense for it's purpose, so its better to set a name manually and then have all child objects share that name in some way...

12. Mirror Command options - I think it is best to have consistent tools that always perform in the same way. There is really no reason to add an option for using a line for the mirroring axis. That means you have to first pick the option for it, and then pick the line to be used. That is 2 clicks, same as if you'd picked two points on the viewport. And you had the extra step of moving the cursor to pick the line option. For the option of using a sinlge point as the axis, how does Moi really know the axis direction? Does it assume you are mirroring across the Cplane X,Y, or Z axes? Does it compare position to the object's bounding box center? What if the point is 45 degrees from bounding box center? Which axis would Moi default to? Maybe it's not the one you wanted. So i think for consistency, just picking 2 points is the fastest method...

jonah