MoI - Big Wishlist thread - Post your wishes here

275.29 In reply to 275.25 
Hi Crusoe,

Re: mesher

Can you post an example file of something that is not meshing well for you? That will help me to understand your specific problem.

> There is a option called "Avoid Larger Than", but it seems to have no effect
> in subdividing large flat areas.

There actually isn't any "Avoid Larger Than", but there is a "Divide larger than", and "Avoid smaller than".

Divide larger than is the one that lets you put in a distance and will subdivide lengths larger than this value. So that's the one you want. However, it doesn't do anything to completely flat planar surfaces, it only affects surfaces that are curved in some manner. I suppose I can add in an option to include planes or not if this is causing a problem for you.

Right now you can try the Aspect ratio limit below that - try putting in a value of 4 or 3 in here and see if that helps you, this setting does work with planes.

> Also, could we have a mesher export option to export a model as a mesh that
> represents x-y-z slices of a object? So I could say "Export mesh a mesh using
> 10 slices per x unit, 10 per y unit, and 10 per z unit"? This would give a nice
> regular mesh of tris/quads suitable for zbrush detailing.

Unfortunately this would be extremely difficult for me to code except in a few special cases for stuff like boxes. Any kind of curved surfaces would involve a huge number of intersections of the surface which are slow to calculate.

- Michael