MoI - Big Wishlist thread - Post your wishes here

275.16 In reply to 275.11 
> With history update feature, as I discovered you have to know or remember
> which was the first object because you can only change this, the others are
> not connected.

Some programs use a more formal mechanism for making clones, called "blocks" or "instances", where you define a group of objects as a type of master object, then you can insert an "instance" of that block which is treated as a clone of it. This kind of clarifies the relationship and there are usually some kind of special tools that let you browse through the master objects, and handle updating them, etc.. This type of mechanism probably would solve what you are asking for here. I can see doing it eventually but it is probably going to be quite a while, I would think maybe like V3...

> Anyway, I was expecting that kind of answer, that there are some CAD-like
> modelers that do what I want. The reason I like MoI is exactly this, that with
> a simple UI, no commands, just use a mouse or tablet, and simple dragging
> you can do almost everything and have a fast and good quality 3d preview.

Well, you could use a combination - use MoI for the early stages of a design when you want to have the quick and simple environment, and then bring that design into one of those fancier CAD programs for handling the later stages.

> My ideal MoI future would be the current UI, with the MAX modifiers stack
> (sorry don't know how Inventor works) and some AutoCAD detailing (dims, hatch etc) <...>

It will probably get pretty close to that eventually. But it will take quite a few years before all of that type of stuff is in place. Many pieces will come in rather slowly and carefully to make sure that they don't add too much complexity to the current system.

- Michael