MoI - Big Wishlist thread - Post your wishes here

My first day at the office, I just opened MoI and I decided to write a small incomplete wishlist so that everyone can add to it. The best way to do this is to have a title sentense and then some quick description.
So, here it goes...

1. Properties window for curves : When I open a file and want to check the size of a circle for example, I have either to understand from the grid or to make one over it to check. We must have a way to know what we already have drawn.

2. Dimensions: No need to explain, everyone has a reason to use them

3. Connect curves and solids: Since the connection exists why can't we have them as a group? Pick either the solid or the curve and move them both at the same time, so the connection never breaks. Very important and useful I think.

4. Copy or clone : This is very useful for copy and array commands. A copy is an independant object while a clone will be the same object positioned elswhere, that means that when we change one clone every other clone will change too.

5. Hide curves: Visibility control for curves that are generators for solids make the scene easier to view and use.

6. History : This means many things. For exampe modification history like modifiers stack of MAX. Or, modification information window just to be able to reproduce a solid. Maybe we can be able to cancel some modifications if possible, to return to a previous stage of the object.This would make MoI a TOP PRODUCT I think.

7. Using background images : This has been asked before so no need to analyse

8. Object grouping: This has been recently explained so I guess everyone knows the importance.

9. Object naming , selecting and filtering: This can be a way of grouping but it sure is a way of filtering and selecting. The object will have a random name given by Moi and if it is a curve used to generate a solid then the name of the solid will be related to the name of the curve. Also when we create copy or clone object we can use a number added to the name. Nice and easy to understand I think.

10. Auto Solid making: A "cap ends" option for commands like extrude and sweep for immediate solid creating.

11. Add more solids : For example a tube, a pyramid...Why use booleans for these.

12. Command options and corrections: There are some commands that need more options... For example mirror command. We have to choose if we draw the axis or if we just pick a line to use it. Also if we need a copy or not. If we need a copy, do we want it a clone? (Read wish no4). Also, what about mirroring using just a point and not a line? Also, when I want to use the array command for an object just to make 5 copies on Z axis, I have to insert the X and Y distance although I don't need it.

OK, I guess twelve wishes is a lot of work for Michael. :))
I would love to read any comments and maybe add something to this list.

EDITED: 16 Jan 2007 by JTB