Keeping layers during meshing of Rhino objects -> OBJ -> Rhino

2720.15 In reply to 2720.14 
Hi Micha, thanks - yes I can understand more of where you are coming from now.

And yes, you are correct that v3 will not likely have such a major advancement in meshing as between v1 and v2, that's because pretty much the major things that I wanted to accomplish for meshing are actually now implemented in v2.

Certainly there will be some refinements and maybe some new parameters and stuff like that, but nothing really huge like the 25x speed increase from v1 to v2.

But I think that MoI v2 will actually get what you need done. Your last main request about preserving layers is actually very close to being solved now, the remaining script that is needed on the Rhino side is not really that complicated.

One idea that I have had for MoI versions and pricing is that by the time I get to v4 I'll probably offer the v2 release as a "lite" version which will probably be a good fit for someone like you who only wants to use MoI for one specific purpose. But it will be a while yet before I get to that stage.

But yes, as you've seen the overall focus of my business is not only about making a mesher for Rhino - my main focus is about making a CAD program for artists to use for creating cool designs. Having a great mesher is an important part of that, but it is only one part of my overall project.

- Michael