Keeping layers during meshing of Rhino objects -> OBJ -> Rhino

2720.12 In reply to 2720.11 
Hi Micha,

Yes unfortunately it is just not possible for me to spend 100% of my time only working on meshing functions alone.

It will just be a very normal process that not every single feature that you need will be built into v2. Some things will happen with future work and not all right this moment.

So you should generally plan in advance that to get new functions and improvements, it would be necessary to update to future versions of the software. That's just a very normal thing, there isn't really any way around that.

> (400$ would be quite a lot of money for meshing only ;) ).

Actually, no not at all if you use it for professional work! You've mentioned that MoI's current meshing has saved you hours and hours on numerous occasions, and even enabled you to finish projects that you would not have otherwise been able to complete properly!!

$400 for making your professional project able to be completed when otherwise you will not be able to finish is a very great bargain by any normal reasonable standard. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion... But I'm sorry I really do not understand it.

If you're not willing to pay for it, then it sounds like improved meshing is just not really that important to you after all...

- Michael