Keeping layers during meshing of Rhino objects -> OBJ -> Rhino

2720.11 In reply to 2720.10 
Sorry, I found not the right words. The v2 bring a lot great enhancements for meshing, no question, it helps me to finish projects (plus in high quality). With Rhino only some projects was inpossible or extrem difficult. MoI v2 is great!!!
I thought, it could be nice to get so much meshing features as possible to v2, so that user like I, who use MoI for meshing only, could stick at v2 and v3 would bring improvements on other areas and only little meshing improvements. I thought, it could be nice, if for meshing user like me v3 wouldn't be a must (400$ would be quite a lot of money for meshing only ;) ).
I tried to say, that the meshing situation is quite bad at Rhino and that no change is known for v5. So, MoI is the escape and the connection between both can't be good enough. I know MoI isn't build for Rhino user only, but it could be nice if MoI v2 would perfect match the need of Rhino users too. Perfect would be, if MoI would mesh NURBS objects and after reimport at Rhino all original informations for layer, name, material and mapping could be keeped. I thought per 3dm export layer and material could be keeped without to much programming effort, since 3dm is the basic format of MoI too. But if it is not possible, than the script way is a good method too, a second step is done, the layers could keeped (for me the first step was the script connection between MoI and Rhino).

Rhino and OBJ material import - attached a screenshot that show meshes after import from MoI. The rendered viewport show the right material (style) colors and the object properties show the material (layer) names.

Visualisation for Designer and Architects - www.simulacrum.de
Attachments: